A goal is a dream with a finish line.
Accomplishing something is about one thing. Given the title of this blog you may think it’s setting goals. You’d be wrong. Look, how many goals do you have sitting on your ‘I’ll do it later shelf?’ What are they doing there? This is your life. Our tagline is Life doesn’t make itself, you do. It is not just a tag line. It’s a way to live. It’s saying “Life doesn’t happen TO me. I HAPPEN TO MY LIFE.”
The one thing that will have you accomplish/reach your goals is ACTION. If you look at the areas of your life where you get stopped or you’re procrastinating, you’ll see that you are simply not in action. Being in action is what being Self-made™ is about. It’s not talking about goals, it’s not thinking and dreaming about goals (while that’s fun sometimes). Getting to your goal is going to taking action and taking action like your life depends on it!
Jack Canfield says the number 1 principle that will have you succeed in life is to “BE RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERYTHING IN YOUR LIFE.”
Get behind the wheel of your life. If you’ve felt like a victim or like you cannot do something then you won’t. If you say “I happen to my life!” THEN set a goal from there, THEN take action, THEN nothing will stop you.
There is almost nothing more exciting or enlivening that reaching that finish line, stepping on the top of the mountain, seeing that number on the scale. We want to see you accomplish it. Here are some Self-Made life hacks for being a goal achieving maniac:
- Write it down. Write down your goal and put it in your wallet, near the toilet, on your bathroom mirror, under a magnet on your fridge, in your car, on your laptop screensaver, on the homescreen of your phone, any and everywhere you can!
- Say it out loud. Make your goal real by hearing yourself speak it.
- Share and ask for support. Sounds cheesy? It is not BUT it IS effective! If you could have achieved this goal on your own, it would probably be complete already. Share with 1 to 5 of the people who are closest to you, what your going to do! Ask them if they would support you.
- Take daily action. In the morning, while looking at your goal ask “What one thing could I do today that will have me achieve my goal?” Then write that daily action down and do it!
- Make it automatic/reminders. Our smart phones and technology can be our biggest fans! Automate reminders and timers for your goal. Ie: If you want to drink 60 ounces of water per day for 1 week, set a reminder every 2 hours to drink your water.
- Reflect and declare breakdowns. When you’re going for a new goal you’ve not achieved before, the breakdowns or distractions will come. It’s only a matter of time. Don’t give up. When a breakdown happens, we usually hide it like there’s something to be ashamed of. The most powerful way to get back on track is to share with someone you love that you got off track. Then let them know you’re recommitting to your goal.See you at the finish line. Share and comment below for support and expert advice when you need it. We would love to see your triumph as you get to that dream.
Bonus takeaway: “I happen to my life.” Use it like a mantra.
- Boxing (7)
- Build muscle (7)
- Burn fat (7)
- Competition (7)
- Crossfit (7)
- Cycling (7)
- Diving (7)
- Endurance (7)
- Energy & Wellness (10)
- Healthy cooking (8)
- HIIT (7)
- Hiking (7)
- Longevity & Vitality (7)
- Meal planning (7)
- Mental clarity (8)
- Mixed martial arts (7)
- Rock climbing (7)
- Running (7)
- Swimming (7)
- Weight Loss (8)
- Weight training (8)
- Yoga (7)
- Zumba/Aerobic dance (7)